giovedì 9 gennaio 2014

Starting the New Year off on the right foot!

So, another year has passed... 2013 saw a single post here from yours truly, and many gaming things I was expecting to see realised didn't materialise instead. Does this mean it was a slow year, or an unproductive one? Well, quite the contrary! It was a very busy year, too busy to say the least…

I won't dwell on the details, as several are unpleasant ones. Suffice to say that I avoided an economical disaster by mere inches (scary!), but that same potential disaster has left me in a position to start 2014 with the turbo on (exciting!). What lies ahead: extensive house renovations (scary! And boring!) and lots of games (exciting again!)…

A few examples: Venetia arrived just in time to be considered a 2013 release, but it's reaching most shops only as I write - this is my new strategy game in a big box, filled with historical goodness and an average complexity, plus gorgeous graphics from Matteo AlemannoThe Battle of Five Armies production is in its final stages, so I expect this to arrive sometime around mid-year - think War of the Ring applied to the epic conclusion of The Hobbit. The Darkening of Mirkwood campaign book for The One Ring is awaiting the final green light to be sent out - with this book you get to determine what will happen to Wilderland along thirty years. And last but not least, Hobbit Tales is finally coming…

But I'll tell you all about this with a full photo report soon. So, please stay tuned!


Photo courtesy of Federico Zomero


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento